Code of Conduct
Diversity and Inclusion
Paterson, Grant & Watson is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where diversity and inclusion are prioritized. We strive to make our staff feel understood, respected, and supported -- and we believe that every industry benefits from commitment to these values. We encourage participation and collaboration from diverse communities; those with intersectional identities; and do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status.
We aim to provide the best geophysical consulting services while pushing the envelope of innovation. We strive on the fact that we deeply respect people. We realize not everyone starts at the same place in life and endeavour to find ways to improve social and economic justice in our company, industry and beyond.
At PGW we commit to the following:
- We will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, or bullying of any kind
- We will make PGW a safe and welcoming place for our employees and members of our industry
- We will provide ongoing education and training to better understand how to dismantle barriers to diversity and inclusion
- We will actively support community groups that work towards dismantling barriers to diversity and inclusion
- We will create a space that encourages cooperation and collaboration
- We will not make assumptions about anyone’s background or identity
- We will do business in a respectful and ethical manner
- We will provide guidance and support to ensure everyone clearly understands their legal rights
- We will keep our policies up to date, accessible and known
Violations of Code of Conduct
PGW believes in honesty, integrity, and respect and requires all employees working on behalf of the organization to uphold these values. Employees who do not comply with the expectations set out in this code of conduct will be dealt with through corrective action, which may include termination of employment.
Reporting - Support from Leadership
PGW will work to identify and preempt problems before they happen. This includes - but is not limited to - fostering a culture of open, respectful dialogue surrounding diversity, inclusion and equity in our workplace and community. Employees who are concerned or unsure about appropriate conduct are asked to speak with a member of the management team to help guide them. Employees who witness another employee acting in a manner which breaches this policy are asked to report it to management. Employees are reminded of their duty to report any health and safety concerns or violations immediately, including instances of harassment, discrimination or violence in the workplace.